Heat up your dessert game! Experience the fusion of chilli and chocolate in every spoonful! Our Chilli Chocolate Mousse recipe, crowned with Banhoek Chilli Oil, is a match made in dessert heaven!
Dark Chocolate Mousse:
- 125g 70% dark chocolate
- 10g butter 3 eggs
- 75ml cream
- 35g icing sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 30ml Banhoek Chilli Oil
- 2ml chilli flakes
White Chocolate Mousse:
- 125g White chocolate
- 125g Cream
- 3 Egg whites (Be careful not to get any of the egg yolks in the egg whites, once a yolk breaks in the whites you have to start separating again)
- Pinch of salt
Method for each mousse:
- Separate the eggs (Very important to not let the yolks and the egg whites mix).
- Whip the cream and icing sugar till a stiff peak is made and set aside.
- Beat the egg whites and the salt until stiff peak stage.
- Melt the chocolate and the butter in the microwave for 30 seconds and stir then for another 30 seconds and stir to make sure there are no lumps.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into a metal bowl (make sure the chocolate has cooled but still liquid) and stir in the egg yolks one at a time.
- Mix the whipped cream into the chocolate mixture till fully incorporated.
- Gently fold in the whipped egg whites in two batches to make sure the mousse is airy and light.
- Add the Banhoek Chilli Oil and the chilli flakes and gently fold into the mixture.
Plate the two mousse together and garnish with your choice of toppings. We have used crushed pistachio, strawberry slices, gooseberries and sugar comb biscuits. Enjoy 😍